This chili recipe is right out of our family recipe vault just in time for the cooler months ahead and it is definitely one of our favorites! It’s full of sweet, spicy, and savory notes your whole family is sure love. Be sure to pick up your Prairie Legacy Grass-Fed Beef and try out this tasty recipe for dinner tonight.
- 3 lbs Prairie Legacy Grass-Fed Beef
- 2 large onions - chopped
- 16 oz can peeled tomatoes
- 25 oz can kidney beans
- 25 oz can chili beans
- 4 cups ketchup
- 1 teaspoon garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons cilantro - chopped
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon black pepper - freshly ground
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- salt and pepper - to taste
Optional (for a spicier chili)
- chopped jalapeño peppers - to taste
- Brown the ground beef in a large skillet over medium-high heat, season with salt and pepper as desired.
- Optional Step: add onions to the ground beef and cook until tender.
- In a large pot (or Crock Pot) add the ground beef, onions, tomatoes, chili beans, kidney beans, ketchup, garlic, cilantro, chili powder, cayenne pepper, black pepper, thyme and powdered mustard. Stir to combine.
- Simmer at medium heat on stove top (or in Crock Pot on low heat) for at least 1 hour, stirring occasionally.